Let it be known that the Lychee Martini is no quotidian cocktail, but an alcohol-infused punctuation to an important event. It is slightly sweet, light, and fragrant, an exotic take on an iconic libation.
Yes, you could call it a Girlie Drink, but you’d be wrong. Think of it more as an exotic alternative to a classic Martini, a luscious libation with a hint of mystery and intrigue.
Ingredients (for one Lychee Martini)
· 1 oz Vodka
· 2 canned lychees
· 2 oz syrup from canned lychees
· juice of half a lime
- Put two lychees in a martini glass and freeze for half an hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Extra points if you are dancing as you shake.
- Pour over the frozen lychees.
- If you are feeling particularly festive, add a splash of Champagne or prosecco. Because…bubbles!