6- 8 Servings
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 3-4 whole grain English muffins (or any bread you have on hand)
- 1 (8.5-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheese (I use Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Cabot)
- ½ tsp dried mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside. Use about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat to cook the chopped onion until golden.
- Spread butter evenly over both sides of the English muffins. Arrange in even layer over bottom of 9-by-13-inch baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with artichokes, basil, crumbled bacon and onions. Then spread the grated cheese over the bacon and vegetables
- In large bowl, whisk eggs until well combined. Whisk in yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly over ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook. You can do this up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Cook at 350º until top is golden brown and eggs are set, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.