BASIC CHEESE BALL FORMULA
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups Cabot Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 shakes Worcestershire Sauce
- a dash or two of Tabasco or Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- Add something fun and delicious to roll the whole thing around in. Preferably not nuts of dubious origin.
- Mix the cheeses, Worcestershire Sauce, and hot sauce food processor until smooth and blended.
- Let chill in refrigerator for several hours.
- Make a big ole cheese ball and surround it with crackers. OR:
- Make tiny, bite size balls and mix ’em up a bit. Add interesting tastes to your balls. Roll your balls in different kinds of yumminess. Bottom line? Have fun with your balls.
Here is just a partial list of fun ways to deck your balls for wows and jollies!
Fiesta Balls: Use Cabot Habanero Cheddar and roll in chopped cilantro.
Bunny Balls: Use Cabot Mild Cheddar, add chopped spinach when you process the cheese, and roll in chopped carrots.
Sharp & Sweet Balls: Use Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar and roll in chopped dried fruit.
Seedy Balls: Use Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar, add a dash of soy sauce and roll in toasted sesame seeds.
Green Balls: Use Cabot Garlic & Herb Cheddar and roll in chopped pistachio nuts.
Caprese Balls: Use Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar, add 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves, and roll in sun dried tomatoes.
Sunny Balls: Use Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar and roll in roasted sunflower seeds.
Fancy Balls: Use Cabot Private Stock Cheddar and roll in chopped scallions.
Kickin’ Balls: Use Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar, add 1/2 a mashed avocado, and roll in chopped almonds.
Horsey Balls: Use Cabot Horseradish Cheddar and roll in crumbled bacon.
Cheezy Poof Balls: Use Cabot Sharp Cheddar and roll in crushed cheese puff snacks.