8 – 10 Servings
- 3 large red beets
- 1 head garlic
- 2 lbs small new red potatoes, unpeeled and cut in half
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 cups green beans, cut in half and blanched
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 rounded teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- roasted garlic
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut off the top of the garlic head, exposing all cloves. Wash and top the beets. Place in small roasting pan and generously drizzle garlic and beets with olive oil, dust with salt and pepper. Cover roasting pan and cook until beets can be easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on size. Check after half an hour, as the garlic may be ready before the beets.
- In separate roasting pan, generously drizzle potatoes with olive oil. Dust with salt and pepper. Roast next to beets and garlic, tossing once or twice to brown evenly. Potatoes are ready when they can be pierced with a knife, about 30 – 45 minutes.
- When beets are cooked, let cool, then peel and chop into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine room temperature potatoes, beets and green beans with celery.
- Combine mustard and vinegar in a bowl. Squeeze the soft roasted garlic cloves from the skin and combine with mustard and vinegar. Whisk the olive oil into the mixture until combined.
- Dress the potato salad with the vinaigrette and serve at room temperature.