- 2-ish pounds of fresh Haddock
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz.
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted green Olives
- 1/4 cup capers (with juice)
- 2 tbls dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- On medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until softened, but not browned.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Transfer tomato sauce to glass baking pan and place Haddock fillets on sauce.
- Place in oven and cook until fish is just cooked through and flakes with a fork, between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.